Mulberry Cottage, Haworth (Brontë Country), Yorkshire
Mulberry Cottage, Haworth (Brontë Country), Yorkshire is a beautiful character cottage with original features including Yorkshire Stone flagged floor, feature fireplace, original beams, and exposed stonework. Five-minute walk to the village’s independent shops, pubs, restaurants, and cafes on the historic cobbled main street of Haworth in the heart of Brontë Country.
– Mulberry Cottage is 5 * Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence awarded.
– Beautiful stone character cottage with many period features, dating back to 1840.
– 5-minute walk to shops, pubs, restaurants, and cafes on historic Main Street.
– Two generous bedrooms featuring a king-size bed and a super king bed which can be split into two singles
– Gas central heating and wood-burning stove (starter basket of wood included)
– Dining kitchen with original stone flagged flooring
– Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, retro fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, kettle, and toaster in a well-equipped kitchen
– Roll-top bath and walk-in shower
– Free roadside parking available in front of the cottage
– Private enclosed courtyard garden with furniture and rotary airer
– 2 x TVs with Freeview, Roku smart tv and FREE Netflix in the lounge, DVD, Bluetooth speaker, free WiFi, hairdryers, selection of books and games
– Welcome gift on arrival
A bit of history…..Mulberry Cottage has had a varied past dating back to 1840. It started life as a mill worker’s cottage. It was extended and converted into a shop, operating as an off-license and a sweet shop in years gone by. During the 21st century it was converted back to the cottage it is now.
Mulberry Cottage, Haworth (Brontë Country), Yorkshire ……..is a short walk to the rugged ‘Wuthering Heights’ moors, which inspired the English literary Brontë sisters, with commanding views from Top Withens. Just around the corner is the famous Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, an authentic steam railway featured in the film The Railway Children. There’s so much to see and do in Yorkshire, you’ll be kept busy no matter how long your visit! The cottage makes a great base for exploring this lovely part of Yorkshire and beyond.
A cosy and inviting sitting room with a comfy leather corner sofa, wood-burning stove in a period stone inglenook fireplace, beautiful original beams, and oak flooring. There is a large television with Roku smart tv and free Netflix, a DVD player with a good selection of DVDs, and Bluetooth speaker. A rare antique grandfather clock stands in the lounge and was made by John Barraclough of Haworth. One of his clocks is also in the Brontë Parsonage and was commissioned by Patrick Brontë.
* Kitchen Diner:
The kitchen is fitted in a traditional cottage shaker style and has a lovely view over the rear garden. It is well-equipped with a dishwasher, washer-dryer, microwave, retro fridge-freezer, kettle, toaster, and all the cooking equipment needed for your stay. There is a fully restored Yorkshire Stone flagged floor and a dining table with seating for four.
* Rear Bedroom:
This is a luxurious room with an elegant Victorian feel and a view over the garden and to the hills. It has a beautiful king-size sleigh bed with comfy mattress and a cast iron fireplace. A feature exposed stone wall and lintel add to the character of the room. It offers plenty of storage with a wardrobe and large chest of drawers.
* Front Bedroom:
A good-sized bright, comfortable room with a super king bed which can be split into two singles, if requested. It offers a television with Freeview and a selection of books, making it a great room for either adults or children. The room also has ample storage with a large wardrobe with drawers underneath.
The bathroom at Mulberry Cottage gives an opulent and relaxing feel with a Victorian-style roll-top bath, vintage-style fittings, and a separate shower. The exposed stone wall and lintel give character to this traditional, but practical bathroom. It is a perfect place to relax and unwind after a day hiking and exploring the beautiful Yorkshire hills and villages.
The enclosed rear courtyard garden is accessed by steep stone steps with a handrail. With a living willow fence and cottage garden plants it’s a lovely place to relax. The garden has seating for four and a clothes dryer that folds away. A fabulous place to have a cup of tea or a glass of wine and listen to the steam trains passing by.
– Fuel, power, and a starter pack of wood for stove inc. included
– Complimentary sachets of tea, coffee, and sugar, and a pint of milk
– Bed linen and towels inc. included
– Travel cot, highchair, and stairgate available on request. Please provide your own cot linen
– Strictly no pets (we offer our cottage to guests with allergies and have allergies ourselves)
– Strictly no smoking of any type
– Shops and pubs 5 mins walk
– Note: Steep steps with handrail down to the rear garden, care should be taken.
– Lots of tourist information leaflets in the cottage to help you plan where you’d like to visit – you’ll be spoilt for choice. We also have a digital guidebook to the area which we can provide.
Access – Level access at the front. Around 10 stone steps to access garden at back. Steps within the property to an upstairs room.
Stay at Mulberry Cottage, Haworth (Brontë Country), Yorkshire. Prices start from £410 a week in low season rising to £850 a week in high season. We have a minimum stay of 2 nights (starting at £310). Arrival is from 3pm and check out by 10am.